Holiday Food Safety Tips
This is an important time to cook and clean right. The winter holds many holidays, which means plenty of people will be eating your food.
- Always clean your kitchen and food-contact-surfaces thoroughly with warm water and soap. Avoid harsh chemicals.
- Follow recipes with detail and precision. Always make sure food is cooked completely and to its right temperature, using a thermometer.
- All food should be cleaned prior to cooking or consuming. This includes the need to properly wash fruits and veggies.
- ommon leftover guidelines are important to follow. Do not eat food that has been left out and not under constant cooling or heating for over two hours. C
- Remember not to keep leftovers for more than 3 days to prevent spoilage and bacterial growth.